Vacancy – Financial Inclusion Officer
To support partners and stakeholders to reduce or prevent homelessness through Financial Inclusion.
To help support financially vulnerable tenants in the private rented sector to budget effectively, use appropriate financial products, to manage their money, make their rent payments and sustain their tenancies. The project is aimed at improving the financial capability of tenants in the private rented sector and preparing them for the forthcoming changes to welfare benefits system, namely Universal Credit. Through the engagement of appropriate financial transactional facilities and relevant support the project aims to prevent rent arrears, eviction and potential homelessness.
Starting Salary: £29,311 per annum, £14,656 pro rata
Contract: Fixed Term to 31.03.16
Hours: 17.5 hours a week
Closing date: 23.04.2015
Interview date: 6.05.2015
Job reference: FIO/0415/JL
Accountable To: Financial Inclusion Champion & Financial Inclusion Manager
Role Specific Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To work with Local Authorities, Credit Unions, Private landlords and other stakeholders in the delivery of the Your money, Your Home project;
- To visit and attend meetings with clients and other stakeholders across selected local authority areas in South Wales, and from time to time other local authorities to share project lessons, some of which may be located in remote areas;
- To contribute to the development of the project strategy, objectives, priorities and delivery plan;
- To develop positive collaboration between primary and secondary stakeholders in order to achieve the projects outcomes;
- To engage directly with PRS tenants through home visits, group sessions and drop in sessions with partners;
- To contribute to the production of guidance on policy, process and systems and influence and support their use;
- To innovate and contribute to the production of a training resources and support materials for stakeholders to use in empowering tenants and promoting Financial Inclusion and reducing homelessness;
- To market and influence the uptake of best practice with stakeholders through relationship building, a business case approach, use of networking, presentations etc.;
- To encourage and support stakeholder’s evaluation and monitoring activities as required;
- To contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the project on an ongoing basis and report to the funders of the project.
Please download the job documents which include the full person specification before completing the application form.
Job documents – Financial Inclusion Officer (.doc download)
Application form (.doc download)
Equal Opportunities Monitoring form (.doc download)