How can Fair Trade help my business?
In 2012 sales of Fairtrade certified goods reached £1.3 billion, a 12% increase on the previous year, proving people still want ethically produced goods.
- Stand out from the competition - stocking Fairtrade products can make your business more attractive to these consumers. Your organisation could benefit from increased sales and profitability
- Increase customer loyalty - your commitment to Fair Trade could increase customer retention which will reduce your marketing costs
- Recruiting staff and volunteers – may be easier if you show you are a caring and ethical employer, and staff/volunteer retention may also increase
- Positive public relations – tell the local press about your move to Fair Trade, as well as your funders and other stakeholders
- Live up to customer expectations – younger consumers expect companies to do business ethically and Fair Trade is one way to start
- If you stock a minimum number of Fairtrade products you could be featured in your local Fair Trade guide.
- Fair Trade products are often high quality as consumers are paying a small premium for them
How do I switch to Fair Trade?
See a list of Fairtrade products you could stock or provide for staff.
Adopt a Fair Trade policy for your business.