Morgan Foundation Entrepreneur Awards - Notice of 2011 Awards
The Morgan Foundation Entrepreneur Awards (external link) are designed to find a generation of role models, whether they are new businesses, young entrepreneurs or potential entrepreneurs. They aim to create new ventures to boost the UK economy and to recognise those who are successful and on the brink of success.
The Awards are also looking for a special person or business that has overcome obstacles and succeeded 'against the odds'.
There is a total of £115,000 available in prizes. Individual prizes vary, from £2,500 to £20,000, together with the offer of professional services from the sponsors.
The Awards are open to businesses, entrepreneurs or social enterprises based in Merseyside, North Cheshire, North Wales, Shropshire and the Wolverhampton area.
Seven categories make up the 2011 Awards:
- Best New Business (less than four years old).
- Best Business providing Economic and Social Contribution to the Region (over the past three years).
- Best Entrepreneurial Social Enterprise or Charity.
- Best Entrepreneurial Social Enterprise or Charity based in Liverpool.
- Best Young Entrepreneur (under 25 years old).
- Best New Business Idea by a Young Entrepreneur.
- Against All Odds (person or business overcoming the greatest difficulties, disadvantages and disabilities to succeed).
The 2011 Awards will open to application on 22 June 2011 and close on 2 September 2011.